Wednesday 18 March 2009

Year #2

With second year comes... more failed resolutions to post often, it seems. I will endeavour.

Meanwhile, my classes all feel a lot more focused. Currently my minor ("co-major") is Life Science Technologies, which translates to 'pick some stuff you're interested in from the life sciences'. However I'm considering changing it to biomolecular science, or even making biochem my minor and changing major to biomolecular. Anyway, I have plenty of time to decide because they have so many units in common. This semester, it's Microbiology, Molecular and Cellular Regulation, Biochemistry and Medical Physiology. As usual I'm not a huge fan of microbiology, but I'm enjoying the others, even (gasp) physiology.

Med Phys is interesting in that we don't have lectures; the material is all online and backed up in the tutes and pracs. I'm quite enjoying this (more time sleeping in the morning!) but I think other subjects wouldn't be so suited to it. We've also got the benefit of a really well-made website, which is vastly better than my experiences with textbook-linked websites made by book publishers. Thankfully none of those are compulsory this time around.

No comments: