Friday 2 October 2009

Good News, Everyone!

I'm not going to whinge about how bad I am at posting... promise! Just wanted to share how excited I am - I've been accepted into a summer studentiship with CSIRO!! It's in the area of plant biotechnology but I don't yet know which project I'll be working on. Scary part - at the end we all get flown to Canberra to give a talk on our findings. It'll be great to hear what all the other students worked on, but I haven't done public speaking since high school... I'm already getting stage fright :( Hopefully there's not too many people! Should be lots to blog about over the summer, then. I've also booked our post-exams holiday to Tasmania, I kind of wish I was there already. That's all for now, I need to get back to the genetics assignment I've been avoiding all week. (The only positive outcome of this is that my house is now really clean, all my clothes are washed and the fridge is full of food. Maybe I should avoid things more often, it makes chores really attractive.)

Ooh, last minute - I've booked to go to a talk by Richard Dawkins - yes it's not until 2010, but there's only one night so I figured I'd get in early. Preaching to the converted, I know, but it's pretty cheap and I expect he'll talk about his new book which I've been reading (which is great, btw).

No comments: